Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Saturn and a Waxing crescent, Saturday, September 27, 7:35 PM

I hadn't really done my homework before I went out to photograph the Moon last night, so I was a little surprised by how far off it was to the South. I also didn't know what the bright "star" off to the left was, but I tried my best to capture it in my images.


The "star" turned out to be Saturn.


I learned all sorts of things about my camera last night. Like, when I take an image in "Night Landscape" mode, it actually takes four images and layers them together. That the camera is very sensitive to any vibration as these photos are taken. And that my Nikon Coolpix P520 is capable of resolving Saturn.
Yep. That's Saturn.
Next time I'll try Sports mode. Will the high shutter speed produce a clearer image, or just a dimmer one?

No comments:

Post a Comment